chronological day 1 :)

Here we go!  So glad you are here!  Please read Genesis chapters 1-3 and then come right back! 🙂 Here’s what stood out to me today:

“First this: God created the Heavens and Earth – all you see, all you don’t see.  Earth was a soup of nothingness, a bottomless emptiness, an inky blackness.  God’s Spirit brooded like a bird above the watery abyss.” Genesis 1:1-2 Message

As you read on, did you notice: God always spoke to the source BEFORE He spoke to the living. Before He spoke to the Light before He named the day, He spoke to the sky before He spoke flying things into being, He spoke to the water before He spoke to fish into being, He spoke to the earth before He spoke to land animals and trees into being.

Most importantly, He spoke to Himself before He spoke man into being.  Just as fish cannot live without water, birds cannot live without sky, animals and trees cannot live without earth, we cannot live without God.  He is our source!

Sadly, disobedience still causes separation from the Lord today, just as it did in the beginning.  How heartbreaking it must have been for Adam and Even to realize that their intimate fellowship with the Lord had been broken.  We’ll see this year how the Lord always works to restore us – even at this very moment in history, He had a plan in place to bring His children back in relationship with Him!

10 thoughts on “chronological day 1 :)

1. Carol says:

I am struck by how easily deceived we’ve been since the very beginning. Even after we’ve been told fire will burn, we still have to test it somehow to see if that’s true.

Liked by 3 people

2. Ralph Madrigal says:

What stood out to me in the first three chapters is where GOD created the right ingredients on earth for us to be sustained. The waters, land, sun, moon, the animals that roam it and the plants that grow within. Many parts of our lives have to be set up with the right movements and the right people in order for us to be sustained in Christianity. Adding the forbidden fruit (sin) into these other ingredients spoils the recipe of life. Watch what we eat in 2019!

Liked by 2 people

3. Carl Barker says:

Rosa and I are reading out of the recovery Bible and had great discussions over these first 3 chapters. We talked about how “orderly” God has set things up and how we have so easily wandered off the path. As a married couple, we talked about (like Adam and Eve) we still use the “blame game” instead of taking our own inventory and looking at our individual behaviors. Great conversations as a couple.

Liked by 2 people

4. kdenmark2005 says:

re reading these words is eye opening. It’s funny how I let myself be deceived by many things, I miss the mark if you will… I forget what I’ve read and then it becomes just words that I’ve succeeded in. I am grateful to have started again. Seeing God form all things is absolutely breathtaking. I am saddened by how corrupted we’ve become in this world. When I read the part of God walking in the garden in the cool of the day I picture Him enjoying what He has worked so hard for. Not that anything is hard for Him, but it’s an accomplishment that is mighty. But then I can feel His sadness when He makes the clothing for Adam and Eve. How is He feeling right now in this time for us ?

Liked by 4 people

5. jlevinsrn says:

Although I have read this several times God reveals something new each time. I cannot imagine being able to walk with God as Adam and Eve did and talk to him as you and I can talk to each other. Men and women still play the blame game to this day and jealousy among siblings is still alive and well. Sad to believe after all this we haven’t learned anything at all from God’s word.

Liked by 1 person

6. Becky Hammond says:

This is a reminder that even though we fail and fall short, God still loves us and takes care of us like he did for Adam and Eve. He was disappointed with their choices but still made provisions for them. Yes, it was more difficult but He is still faithful.

Liked by 1 person

7. Kristina says:

If God spoke to “himself”, just as he spoke to other essesnses before naming them and bringing them into being- does this then indicate he brought his essence (Christ) into being? Source begets source?

Liked by 1 person